WORK FOR US
Metal Innovations is a growing company that is always looking to expand our team. Our team is made up of our management team, our many highly qualified aircraft technicians, drafter, welder, finishing technicians, inventory coordinator, and driver. Every person and the position they hold are integral to the the overall mission: to provide the most cost and time effective solutions to all of our customers without sacrificing the integrity and quality of the work we do. That is why we have assembled a great team, the team consists of some the best individuals we could find. We embrace the diversity of all the members of our team, learning from each of their unique skill sets, experiences and personalities.
Our Employees Make Us Who We Are
You are more than just a number here!
Our COO/Owner, Craig Wilmes’, motto:
"Everyone here at Metal is an employee, even me. I am here just like everyone else doing my part to complete the job."
Here at MII we strive to help all employees work to their strenghths; due to our small nature it allows our employees to find their niche here. We want all of our employees to feel supported to take on new tasks and challenges that not only help our company grow but that align with and help our employees achieve their goals.
Location. Location. Location.
We are located in beautiful Aurora, OR! This means you are right in the center of everything. We are 30 minutes from Portland and Salem. A close drive to the coast, the mountains and/or one of the many State and National Forests/Parks Oregon has. Giving you the ability to head into the city or escape the suburban landscape by heading into the beautiful outdoors.
Do you like to travel?
Many of our positions have given our employees the opportunity to do work in Alaska, Mexico, Arizona, Hawaii, Kansas and China to name a few locations.
Metal Innovations, Inc. is a small business that started with just two in a garage and over the past 20 years has grown to 20+ employees. MII is focused on continually creating innovative solutions for all aircraft needs. We encourage anyone that is up to the task of working in a fast paced shop and who wants to be apart of a tight-knit crew to apply!
Reports to : Shop Foreman
- Understand laws and regulations for FAA.
- Perform composite and sheet metal repairs(SSF).
- Perform general maintenance to a varied spectrum of aircraft according to aircraft maintenance manuals (SSF).
- Perform manufacturing needs of MII as assigned by supervisor.
- Repair aircraft damage to highest standards of craftsmanship and manufacture parts in accordance with approved type design; drawings and procedures (SSF).
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages. (SSF)
- Repair and/or fabricate defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, and grinders.
- Fabricate and assemble composite and metal component.
- Travel to off-site aircraft repair locations as required (SSF).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sheet Metal / Structures Repair
- Composites Repair
- General Aircraft Maintenance
- Computer knowledge
- Project / Program Management preferred
- 1 Year experience with Sheet Metal repairs and forming parts.
- 1 Year experience with various Composite Repairs preferred.
- 1 year experience with various General Aircraft Maintenance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- A & P License preferred
- Military Training and/or equivalent structures and maintenance training preferred
- Current Driver’s license and eligible for Company Auto Insurance coverage required
Working Conditions: Moderate walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside, around moving objects, and with vehicles and machinery with moving parts. Able to lift up to 75 pounds. Frequent exposure to dampness and humidity, toxic chemicals, exhaust fumes, chemicals and chemical fumes, gasoline and diesel fuel.
We offer a competitive wage and shift differential. In addition, benefits include PTO, health insurance, dental, vision, short term and long term disability, company paid life insurance, and FSA/HSA.
Metal Innovations, Inc. prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans status. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is open until filled.
There are multiple ways to apply: via email email@example.com or through our Facebook, Indeed and LinkedIn job postings. We ask that when applying via email, Indeed and LinkedIn you submit a current resume with your application. If applying via Facebook, please message us via Facebook Messenger a current copy of your resume after and only after you have submitted the Facebook application. Cover letters are optional.
We encourage those with a military mechanical background in aeronautics/aerospace, even in the absence of an A & P License, too apply.
Thank you for your time, we will get back to you promptly after review of your resume. Please, no phone calls or follow up emails unless you have not heard back from us after 7 working business days.
MII Hiring Team