WORK FOR US
Metal Innovations is a growing company that is always looking to expand our team. Our team is made up of our management team, our many highly qualified aircraft technicians, drafter, welder, finishing technicians, inventory coordinator, and driver. Every person and the position they hold are integral to the the overall mission: to provide the most cost and time effective solutions to all of our customers without sacrificing the integrity and quality of the work we do. That is why we have assembled a great team, the team consists of some the best individuals we could find. We embrace the diversity of all the members of our team, learning from each of their unique skill sets, experiences and personalities.
Our Employees Make Us Who We Are
You are more than just a number here!
Our COO/Owner, Craig Wilmes’, motto:
"Everyone here at Metal is an employee, even me. I am here just like everyone else doing my part to complete the job."
Here at MII we strive to help all employees work to their strenghths; due to our small nature it allows our employees to find their niche here. We want all of our employees to feel supported to take on new tasks and challenges that not only help our company grow but that align with and help our employees achieve their goals.
Location. Location. Location.
We are located in beautiful Aurora, OR! This means you are right in the center of everything. We are 30 minutes from Portland and Salem. The stunning Oregon Coast and the renowned Cascade Mountains and both close enough for quick day trips, and numerous state and national parks with hiking and stunning views of nature are less than a half hour drive. The options for adventure are endless for Aurora residents.
Exciting Travel Opportunities
As a company that enjoys a strong reputation internationally, we get contracts that take us all over the globe. Our employees have had the opportunity to explore the world on assignments in Thailand, Kenya, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Hawaii, and China.
Metal Innovations is an employee-centric company that is looking for a painter to join a fantastic team that’s leading the aviation industry in aircraft repair innovation.
We offer a generous compensation package that includes competitive pay, a variety of healthcare package plans for employees to choose from, vision/dental, paid holidays, 3% employer match on IRA, and paid leave – all of which either start immediately upon hire or the first of the following month.
The painter will be responsible for preparing, painting, and polishing aircraft and/or aircraft parts. An ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in aircraft painting as well as some experience working with sheet metal or on aircraft structures.
Reports to : Operations Manager
- Prepare surfaces of entire aircraft, aircraft sections, or unattached parts to be painted: sanding, grinding, blasting, masking, taping, etc.
- Apply paints, sealants, and other coatings to aircraft and/or parts
- Mix and apply paints, sealants, and other coatings
- Mix, apply, and smooth cosmetic fillers
- Polish completed aircraft and/or completed parts
- Fabricate stencils, layout and apply stripes, layout and apply insignias.
- Ensure paint room and hangar floor are stocked with paint, consumable for applying paint and sealant, sand papers, tape, cleaning clothes, and cleaning chemicals
- Track/record paint and repair progress in Corridor
- Assist in other areas of the shop during painting department downtime
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of paint processes, products and equipment; ability to read blueprints and engineering documentation and use spray paint guns
- Basic Structural Sheet Metal and Composites knowledge
- Ability to respectfully collaborate with other team members and supervisors
- Knowledge of aviation maintenance software, or ability to quickly learn new computer apps and programs
- 3 years of experience painting required, 2 of which must be in the aviation industry
- 2 years of experience working with sheet metal or aircraft structures strongly preferred
- Experience Required
Working Conditions: Moderate walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside, around moving objects, and with vehicles and machinery with moving parts. Able to lift up to 75 pounds. Frequent exposure to dampness and humidity, toxic chemicals, exhaust fumes, paint and paint fumes, gasoline and diesel fuel.
We offer a competitive wage and shift differential. In addition, benefits include PTO, health insurance, dental, vision, short term and long term disability, company paid life insurance, and FSA/HSA.
Metal Innovations, Inc. prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans status. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is open until filled.
Please apply by emailing your resume to Joseph at email@example.com. Cover letters are optional.
We encourage those with a military mechanical background in aeronautics/aerospace to apply.
Thank you for your time, we will get back to you promptly after review of your resume. Please, no phone calls or follow up emails unless you have not heard back from us after 7 working business days.
MII Hiring Team